In 1896 the London Brighton and South Coast Railway Company ordered a batch of 30 6ton 3 plank, general merchandise wagons from the company’s own works. These wagons were built to a modern design with a steel channel under-frame. The wagons were mainly used to convey general merchandise from between the south east and London although some of the wagons where photograph as far away as northern Scotland and south west England. In later years these wagons were relegated to engineers department for use as ballast wagons.
HO, 4mm, S, 7mm, 1/32