This represents the Caledonian Railway’s First standard Medium cattle van. Built in batched between 1880 and 1890, a few were taken into LMS ownership in 1923 but all would have been scrapped by 1930. These vans would have been a common site in goods trains across Scotland, Northern England and may have ventured further afield. They would have been marshalled at the front of goods trains so that the shock to the cattle was less. When originally built the vans would have been painted red oxide with iron work picked out in black. Under the LMS vans would have been painted wagon grey. No running numbers are known at this time.
HO, 4mm, S, 7mm, 1/32