£25.00 – £70.00
Very little is known about these vans and only three photos exists and they were taken after the van was taken out of service between 1904 and 1908. They were built by Wright and Son’s for the opening of the Mid-Wales railway in 1864 but passed to the Cambrian in 1888 when it was agreed that the Cambrian would take over the running of the railway. At 6 tons these vans were relatively light and being dead buffered would have probably found work with either the engineer’s department of on branch line duties. One of these van was sold to the Birmingham Corporation Water Works Department, in 1898, for use on the Elan Valley Railway. It very probable that the last of these vans was scrapped on site with the closure of the line in 1916 although it probably not moved in some years by that point.
HO, 4mm, S, 7mm, 1/32