These wagons were built in batches by the NER, between 1886 and 1900, for the sole purpose of delivering general goods. Later in life these wagons came into service stock as they were replaced by larger capacity wagons. A large number of these wagon passed to the LNER in 1923 a few were still in service as loco coal wagons but the majority were in the high goods role. by 1947 there were only 2 of these wagons left in departmental stock.
HO, 4mm, S, 7mm, 1/32